26 November 2006

The Birds and the Bees

I think it's pretty clear that I'm not going to win NaNoWriMo. Instead I shall probably be thrown on a heap of disgarded manequins and left to grow mouldy. Not such a bad end, I suppose, compared to some.

My new target, regardless of any being-thrown-on-a-heapness that may occur at the end of the month, is to make 30,000 words by December, and to finish this novel by Christmas. As I typed this, Ray Charles sung the following:

Can’t you see
What you’re doing to me?
The honey bee
Makes to spy at me.
The birds above
Sing a song of love.
Though I have cried constantly,
That’s not the thing to do.

Which seems like a nice set of lyrics for my novel.

Now starting Chapter 17. Will post them as quickly as I can be bothered to proof read them...

PS. I do not actually know Ray Charles. He was singing on my CD player. Also, I believe that he is dead.

No comments: