31 October 2006

Halloween

'Twas the night before NaNoWriMo began, and all was quiet as a space cat... (In space, no-one can hear you meow...)

Yes, it's Halloween, and I for one am very frightened. I should have spent time today working on my plot outline, but as usual I am leaving everything until the last minute. As it is, I'm not happy with what I have. Working on motivations and causes and effects is, well, hard. And I seem to have just a bunch of stuff happening and people making decisions, without any of it being inter-related in any kind of satisfactory way.

I hope that the few people who might read this realise that my novel is going to be really rubbish...

With any luck, once I start writing tomorrow, I should have a short, introductory chapter completed and posted by the end of the day.

4 comments:

Rachel Grynberg said...

The most important thing is to get start. After that, the next important thing is to keep working. Nothing else matters.

Pacian said...

Alright, I'll do that then!

:-)

Anonymous said...

I'm just amazed by your writing Pacian - if this is rubbish, I dread to think what mine is! And 3,000 words already!
I need to type faster...and stop reading everyone's blogs!

;-)

Pacian said...

Thank you, Tink'! You're too kind.

I dread to think what mine is!

The word you are looking for is: good.